This month, as we continue to give you the chance to learn a bit more about the members of our epic team, here Tom takes over and shares 10 things you (probably) don’t know about him!
I love learning new things about people. It’s definitely a perk of the job. In discovering these unexpected things about people, we understand them a little better. So much happens in a lifetime but sometimes it’s the simplest things that mean the most. And so here, I share 10 things that you may not know about me…
1. I was in a film called ‘Good Vibrations’.
2. I was in a band called ‘The Q’ and we recorded a live session for 2FM.
3. We also recorded a track straight onto vinyl while we were being broadcasted live on the radio.
4. I was a member of the European Youth Parliament and we were in the regional finals in Stormont.
5. I have two rescue dogs – Zola and Odin.
6. I’ve only ever won one competition in my life. It was when I was 7 and I won an adults size XL Coca-Cola t-shirt.
7. When I was 10 I got a pair of Man United pyjamas. I was so excited about these that I wore them outside to play football. When I did this everyone else on the street started to do the same.
8. My all time favourite films are Back To The Future, which made me obsessed with time travel, and Indiana Jones, which made me want to be an archaeologist, until I found out that the real-life job wasn’t the same as the film.
9. My first albums were actually three records. My dad took me to a charity shop and I bought ‘Blondie – Parallel lines’, ‘Blondie – Eat to the Beat’ and ‘Hits 1983: Volume 1’.
10. My First gig was ‘The Thrills’ in the Nerve Centre in Derry in 2003.