I love learning new things about people. It amazes me when I hear some of the things that people have done or achieved, especially the things that you least expect. This got me thinking… there are many things that people don’t know about me!
I’m lucky to have achieved a lot and tried my hand at various different things, all of which have taught me a great deal, and ultimately led to me working in my dream career as a photographer.
So what exactly is it that you don’t know about me? Here are 10 random things for a start.
1. I used to run a public relations and modelling agency, working with some of the world’s leading brands in my career, I also launched Derry Fashion Week and the popular Living Dolls event in Foyleside. Looking very Dragons Den/Apprentice in the photo above!
2. The most embarrassing moment of my life happened when I was a kid. When I was about 5, I was at mass with my family. The choir were singing and I was on the ground. I saw a plug and wondered what it did. While the choir were singing, I pulled the plug out and turns out it was the power for the organ. My mum was so angry and embarrassed.
3. I volunteered at the Olympic Games in 2004 and spent the summer travelling Europe before spending August in Athens.
4. I went to University in Sweden for a year, which was amazing! While I was there I also had a radio show on the student radio station.
5. I used to work in marketing on the 28th floor of the Gherkin in London before moving home to start my business.
6. I ran the New York Marathon for Foyle Hospice, it was the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life.
7. Growing up, my dad owned a number of businesses including, Strand Bingo and my mum owned the Holy Shop on Waterloo Street and behind Castle Court in Belfast.
8. My dad also owned a cinema when I was growing up, so when I was young and it was my birthday, they used to close down a screen for me and my friends, give us popcorn and let us watch films and run around! This is one of the reasons I love films so much now.
9. When I was at university in Edinburgh, I worked as a jeweller for two years for Ernest Jones. I completed some jewellers exams and won an award for top sales person once winning a Rado watch.
10. I know how to ride a motorbike, but I’ve never actually owned one! I’m a big fan of the shows Long Way Down and Long Way Round and it’s my dream to travel around the world on a motorbike (even though I haven’t ridden one since I passed my test).